Digital stories take many forms, often they are a series of images with music and voice over. However we are going to focus on making digital stories that use text with images rather than audio.
Some ideas for topics, your final story doesn’t have to be one of these, they are just to help you start thinking!
- Illustrating an aspect of your life to send to family or friends who live a long way away
- Describing a visit, holiday, activity, event in which you have taken part
- A portfolio of some of your work eg plans, designs, photographs of a project you have completed with descriptions and explanations
- Illustrating, describing, explaining a leisure activity, sport, hobby or interest in which you participate
- Demonstrating and explaining a practical skill that you have
To help you make a final decision on what your story will be about it is a good idea to share thoughts and ideas with others, you can do this through your blog. However you will need to write short outlines of your stories to share.
Here are examples to help you.
Story outline 1. A practical skill that I have is planting plants. The story will describe how to:
- prepare the space for the plant;
- correctly remove it from its pot;
- plant it; and
- then carry out any necessary aftercare.
Story outline 2. One of my favourite places to visit is the Avon Valley National Park near Toodyay.
This story will describe a visit to the National Park during the wildflower season. I will describe the Bald Hill lookout area and also the river valley. Images to illustrate the visit will include scenery and wildflowers.
Think about those examples above when you are writing your own brief story outlines. Now add a comment to this post that gives some feedback suggesting changes or additions to one of the stories above that you think would make it more interesting. Just saying it is a great idea is not enough on its own 🙂